Saturday 6 July 2013

Ingrown Toenail

I know, it's kinda weird to be my first blog post, but I think this is a common problem which many people encounter but not sure what to do. This is happening to me now and of course several times in the past.

The first encounter I have with ingrown toenails was about 10 years ago. I didn't know how it started, but it was really painful and it very quickly turned into the 2nd stage where it starts to have pus. I didn't know what to do then but let it slowly grow out and slowly trimming them bit by bit and wearing open toes shoes everyday for several weeks. Finally one day, I managed to dig in and trim out what has been causing the pain and it slowly heeled.

Then for several occasions, I found that the edges of my big toenails always feel tender and painful after a day of wearing high heel and tight fitting shoes. So for the following week or two, I will stop wearing them, and the sore will slowly subside.

Recently, one came back again, it wasn't reaching the 2nd stage yet, just at the first where I can feel something is there and sore and I decided to quickly visit a nail saloon to let the ladies help me trim it. Don't be surprise, I bet everybody will be trying to bear with the pain and hoping that they will be able to trim it off themselves but it didn't go away and eventually it became too painful that they need to visit a GP to get it remove and start with a course of antibiotics.

You don't have to bear the pain.....! Just go to a nail saloon, the one I went to, just charge me $5, and my pain is instantly removed. You can also indulge yourself and do a little feet spa if you want to.

While telling you the best solution when you start to have the ingrown toenail, the best way is to prevent it from happening. Always cut your nail horizontally across and file the corners, wear comfortable and open toe shoes as often as you can and keep a look out for fungi growth as they also will cause ingrown toenails.

So hope you won't have to suffer again next time and do spend some time occasionally to enjoy a foot spa!

No comments:

Post a Comment